Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Watch Out - Your Personality Is Showing

Last week, I left you with Adam's fever. Fortunately, he recovered within a day and by the time he went to bed that night, he was perfectly fine.

Friday was Uncle John's (my sister, Emma's husband) birthday! He, like my other sister turned 30. We will be celebrating it this Saturday for shooting and dinner at his parents' house. I'm also hoping that, since it'll be Easter weekend, Katie will be able to take some pictures of Adam in his Easter outfit.

Adam has learned to pout when he doesn't get his way. It is so cute - but not cute enough for me to give in.

Saturday, I spent the day making cupcakes and cake pops for Amber's wedding shower. They turned out great and really matched the decoration of the shower, which was the only thing I was nervous for. That night, Katie came over just for an hour or so to see us (mostly Adam) before she went to dinner with friends. She took this awesome picture of Adam eating spaghetti.


Julie also came over on Saturday, but she decided to spend the night to be able to ride with me on Sunday to Amber's shower.

Julie and I got to the shower location early, per the request of Grammy (Amber's mom), to help set up, which of course we did. It turned out great! Lots of family showed up and Amber got lots of items from her registry. The food was also really good (and I got lots of compliments on my desserts).


Because I posted the cupcakes and cake pops on all types of social media, I've had a lot of inquiries the last couple of days about making more. I decided it might behoove me to update my baking website, since I haven't for over a year. I'll take a day or so to do that I think. Oh, here it is - www.topnotchbutterscotch.com

Monday, we went back to our regular schedule, but most of all, Adam worked on his noises.


We joined Baby Time at the library today! We haven't been in FOREVER between Adam and myself being sick and other activities. When we were waiting for it to start, I ran into one of our neighbors and her four children. She thought it was Tuesday - which would be Preschool Time. However, her youngest is the right age for Baby Time, so they joined anyways and I had a really good time getting to know her and her children better. 


Rusty went to a programming meetup, so Adam and I were on our own for dinner. We decided to eat picnic-style in the front yard since the weather was so beautiful. Some of the older neighborhood kids, including one of the kids I saw at the library, came over to visit with Adam. We got on the subject of video games and their minds were blown over how much I knew and how many games Rusty has. It felt awesome to be cool to these kids. We stayed outside until the sun started to go down - by then, lots of kids and several parents were outside and we were all talking and letting the kids play. Adam is the youngest, but one of the girls and the twin girls are really close to him.

Oh, and Adam has learned what to do when I ask him to "Say Cheese". 

No comments:

Post a Comment