Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Baby

This past weekend we celebrated quite a bit!

Friday was Uncle Jim's birthday and although he lives all the way in Arkansas, we could at least send him a pic through Facebook.

Saturday morning, we three had brunch with a couple of Rusty's college buddies. As we pulled out of the driveway, one of Rusty's tires was flat so we took my car instead. After brunch (at a delicious place called First Watch), the boys came back to help with the tire and, of course, play Smash. Adam loves these boys so much as well as watching them play video games.


That afternoon, Emma threw John's 30th birthday party! It was a blast. The boys went out and shot guns. We ate lots of good food, including a cake and cake pops I made. Because Katie was there too, I made sure to bring Adam's Easter outfit so she could take a couple of professional pictures. I don't have them back yet, but can't wait. She showed me a sneak peek and what I saw was too cute!
Sunday was Easter!!

Last Easter, Adam was only a week old, so we had just gotten out of the hospital and were in no condition to go anywhere - so I treated this one as if it was his first.

He had an adorable new outfit. It was technically a romper, but because it was chilly, I put some jeans over it and it was just as cute. Rusty wore a shirt that matched and they were adorable together. I had an Easter basket ready for him. It had flash cards for letters, numbers, and shapes. I know it's really early for this type of thing, but he's not really old enough for anything else. With his birthday coming up this weekend (whaaaat?), I figured he'll be getting more than enough toys and sweets soon enough. Plus, it really grinds my gears that Easter has become another Christmas. Kids don't need piles of toys and candy. I literally saw someone fill a kiddie pool of gifts and called it a giant basket - it seems excessive to me, but I don't want mommies to judge me, so I'm trying not to judge them.


Oh, and because we stayed out late Saturday and had to get up early on Sunday, Adam was still very much sleeping when I went to wake him up. Apparently, he is not a morning person.


Something exciting happened! Rusty found out that Adam and I can accompany him on a business trip to Amelia Island at the end of next month!!! Now I just have to figure out the best way to travel with a baby since we'll be driving.

April 7th - it's a special day as it was my original due date for Adam. Obviously, he didn't make an appearance for four more days.

This week was Spring Break for my mom (Nana), so my dad (Papa) also took the week off, They decided to come over today for lunch. We all went to Arby's and then they came back to the house just to play.


Adam is so worn out that he fell asleep almost instantly when I put him down for a nap a little while ago. He's so precious.

We have quite a weekend ahead of us with Adam's birthday and his party! I can't wait to share it all with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment