Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday Adam!!!

What a week!!

All last week, we prepared for Adam's birthday. Every day was either decoration prep for food prep. I wanted everything that could get done be done before party day. I will post a different blog post on the actual party since I don't have those pictures back yet, so here I'll talk about everything other than the actual three hours of party.

Friday, I took tons of pictures of our little man... why? It was his last day as "under one". After Saturday, he would be a one year old and I feel like time has passed too quickly and I need more evidence of his little baby self. One specific picture was taken right when he woke up. Another was him cheesing at me.


Saturday came... I gave birth to my little 9lb 2oz baby at 12:33am. It took 27 hours of labor before an emergency C-section was called. He's grown so much in just a year and continues to amaze me. The day started simple enough with a couple of first birthday wake-up pictures.


He then played with Rusty until nap time. After that we had lunch and right when we were finishing, Aunt Katie arrived. Katie came to do a photoshoot with Adam. We weren't originally going to do it on his actual birthday, but it worked out that it was the only free day. Those pictures will be here when his party pictures do, but she gave a couple of sneak peeks.



While she was taking pictures, my parents showed up to put together Adam's gift so that I wouldn't have to do it later. It was a slide to go outside and is the perfect size for him.

Turns out, my brother had nothing to do, so he came over too. If Emma had shown up, it would've been the whole Cooper clan. They all stayed for pizza and we had a great birthday dinner for Adam.

Saturday was the busiest of days! I woke up early to start prepping things. I had gotten the clubhouse key on Friday, so I could begin setting up whenever. Katie and James spent the night with us, so they could help too. After breakfast, Katie and I brought all of the decorations and food that was already made to the clubhouse while Rusty and James watched Adam. We did what we could before noon, then went to pick up the balloons and lunch for everyone.

2:30pm and people began to show up for the party (even though it didn't start until 3pm). It went great though! There was plenty of food for everyone, but not an overwhelmingly amount of leftovers. Everyone talked and laughed and seemed to have fun. It all flowed too. We ate, opened presents, and Adam dug into his smash cake (it was technically his second one since he dug into one during his Saturday photoshoot, but he still loved it). Most of our family and closest friends were able to make it and love on Adam. We got tons of toys, clothes, and books. In the days since, Adam has had a blast jumping from toy to toy. Here's one of us in our "Animal" shirts with the birthday boy.


After the party, my family stayed to help clean. We cleaned the clubhouse, then they came back to the house so we could bring everything back in one trip. Emma did the dishes for me and my parents played with Adam. Adam was particularly pooped after the party - it had been a long day after all. I fed him a little dinner and put him to bed. He looked up at me so relaxed and serenely before he closed his eyes to sleep.


We've laid somewhat low since the party to relax. Monday, Adam had his one year check-up. He's 21 lb and 4 oz and 29 in. He passed his first hearing and eye exams. The poor guy also got two shots that he was NOT happy about it. The feeling passed and he waved at all the nurses before we left.


Tuesday, we went grocery shopping and just spent the day playing with Adam's new toys.


Finally, today (as if I haven't written enough for the week), we went to Baby Time at the library. Adam has made a friend with a little girl named Lily. They sit next to each other and "talk". It's precious. It's been raining since Monday, so we haven't gotten to try out any of his new outside or water toys, but that it supposed to let up early next week.

Onward and forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment