Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Baby's First Sleepover

At the end of last week, Adam had to lay low since I was working on a birthday cake. However, he had no complaints! He was as happy as ever - especially when I got out his bubble machine that he got for his birthday!


He also learned the understanding of the term "hug", so whenever you say it, he finds something to hug - and I'm glad I'm normally the recipient.


 Friday night, I finished up the cake and packed for the weekend. Then... Saturday began...

We woke up early and piled into the car. Kirby had to sit in Rusty's lap because there was literally no room for him. We dropped off the cake first. The client LOVED it and her daughter loved it even more. I have done this little girl's birthday cakes since she was born and there's nothing like the feeling of a happy (and repeat) customer!


Next, we drove to my parents' house where we dropped off Adam and Kirby. This was Adam's first time spending the night somewhere and I was very nervous. My parents are more than capable, but I was afraid that Adam just wouldn't understand where he was and why his parents aren't around. Turns out - everything went just fine. He took his nap and slept through the whole night, was perky at church the next morning and ate all of his meals. People were actually more shocked than I thought they would be to learn that Adam had never spent a night without us.

While he was there, Rusty and I were in Birmingham for a wedding. We decided that it didn't make sense to travel with Adam for two hours, then take him to a wedding that didn't even start until his bedtime. He would be miserable. Without him though, Rusty and I were able to stay out later and definitely had a more relaxed time. By time we booked the hotel, there were only smoking rooms and the presidential suite available... so we went with the suite and I took a long, bubble bath in a Jacuzzi tub before our friends arrived. I wore a new dress and had a great time at the wedding, except for having to keep an eye out for a very drunk, college friend of Rusty's.


The next morning, we all had brunch and headed home.


Adam went back into his same routine and hasn't looked back since. Playing, cheesing - he's  even started to pretend to read.



We've started party prep for Aunt Julie's graduation party next week. Adam thought it was awesome to have a cart his size. I'm really excited to have this party, especially because I don't have to do most of the food, just the decorations.


Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday morning was an adventure... Our friends were in a pickle and needed someone to watch their daughter (their sons were going elsewhere), so we agreed. Having on child is definitely different that just having one. I was able to keep them occupied with a walk, bubbles, and playing. We ate outside for different for less of a mess. On Wednesday, I took them to Toddler Time at the library - which turned out to be a lot different and a lot busier than Baby Time. I met her grandparents to pick her up - but have been super exhausted ever since. She's actually a really good, sweet little girl, I just wasn't used to having two toddlers to deal with.



Next on the agenda is another Minnie cake (third of the year) and another busy weekend. Better go get started...

Oh, and a very happy birthday to Rusty's sister, Aunt Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment