Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Splish Splash!

Three cheers to Grammy and Grandpa for watching Adam so Rusty and I could see the new Avengers on Friday night with friends! It was an awesome movie! I'm afraid that Marvel/Disney won't be able to keep beating their last movie and we'll see a downfall soon.


Saturday, I had to deliver another Minnie cake. Rusty went to the Kennesaw Beer Fest along with a lot of his college friends (as well as my brother). Some came from pretty far away, so it was really cool getting to see everyone in a non-wedding environment. A lot of them had never met Adam, so before the Fest, they came to our house to meet him. We were just going to have everyone come back and order pizza for dinner, but they decided to go to Copeland's instead and it was well worth it. Crab ravioli is the bomb! About half of them came back to our house for fun and video games (and to visit more with Adam).

Sunday was NGBC's Homecoming - this is one of my favorite days of the year! We got to see a lot of NGBC members that we haven't seen in a while and all of my family (except Katie). We ate lots of yummy food and even more yummy desserts.


With all of Adam's birthday presents and the wonderful, hot weather outside, I was able to create a mini-water park for him! I set up his kiddie pool and the water table (although I left out the sprinkler). I put on Adam's bathing suit and we spent a couple of afternoons outside! I read a book, while Adam had a blast in the water!


While Adam was still wet one day, he tried chasing the dog and it gave me one of the most precious videos of the two of them ever!


Thursday, we drove to Nana's school because they were having farm animals visit. Adam loved the goats and hair chickens... but not so much the sheep.


I'm pretty pumped because this afternoon I walked the length of a 5k while pushing Adam in the stroller! I'm hoping to keep it up and do it a couple more times before the week is over. I've got to lose some weight! I've been eating healthier with Adam, but definitely need more exercise and less desserts.

Next, I've got to get into party mode. We are having Julie's UGA graduation party at our house this Sunday, plus Mother's Day. We've got a lot to do, especially because Rusty will be in Athens both days to attend the actual graduation. Party mode - ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment