Saturday, May 9, 2015

Adam's Muppet Party

We celebrated Adam's first birthday with a Muppet Party!


Most of the decorations and food I did myself! If you are looking to do a not-so-expensive Muppet party, check out how I did mine below! All photo credit goes to Katie Cooper Photography - whose specialty is color, which is exactly what we wanted for this party!

We started with a Kermit invitation. I ordered 6"x6" blue envelopes off of Amazon. I cut two of the same size green circles (5" each) out of construction paper. I cut out half circles of red a little smaller than the green and a light pink semi-circle smaller than the red for the tongue. Small half circle white construction paper was cut and "Kermit" eyes drawn on. I used double-sided tape to put all the pieces together. Then I printed out a 4" circle with the invitation information a slid it under Kermit's mouth. All were mailed out about a month before the party.



I ordered an Animal shirt from a friend who makes vinyl shirts. I already had one from years ago and I went up to the Disney Store and bought one for Rusty. We all wore our Animal shirts for the party!

 

A party isn't complete without a banner and I had high hopes for this party's banner! I was able to complete it about a month before the party as I tried to get everything I could get done early finished so I would have less to do the week of it. I referenced a picture of all the Muppets and picked a letter for each. Again, I used construction paper for the letters, double-sided tape to put them together, and a piece of yard to hang it up.



Now for the posters - which I could do early also. I made one for the entry way that used the Muppets' theme song to welcome everyone as well as ask them to sign papers that I would be able to put in Adam's scrapbook later.



The next one was set in a corner to invited everyone to take a "selfie" with the iPad. I made Muppet-themed props to use for the selfies also. Again, out of construction paper, but also, skewer sticks to hold them up.



The lasts poster I made was all about Adam. I put his stats on there so our guests could see what he liked and disliked as well as all of his accomplishments in the past year. I left a couple of spots blank until a day or two before the party such has his weight and how many teeth he had.


As a little touch of fun, I put a picture of Miss Piggy on the Ladies' Bathroom door and Kermit on the Men's Bathroom door.


I ordered a dozen bright, primary colored balloons from Party America to scatter throughout the room in places that looked a little blank. (And then my sister tied them on Adam when the party was over.)


Here's all the food we had. The invitation called for light finger foods and we had the party in the afternoon, so no one expected a full meal.

If I could do it again, I would put streamers along the entire table, not just around the ends, but I ran out of time.


 Camilla (Gonzo's chicken) - Deviled Eggs

Statler and Waldorf (the two old men who make fun of and commentate during the show) - Waldorf chicken salad

Rainbow Connection - mixed fruit bowl

Gonzo - Garbonzo bean salad

Kermit - green sherbet punch

Swedish Chef - meatballs (these were actually BBQ meatballs because I don't like Swedish ones)

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew - a mix of melon slices

Miss Piggy - pigs in a blanket

 Animal - Pringles sticks as drumsticks

Beaker - veggies (I cut these the night before, but should've waited because they ended up getting too dry and curling, so they no longer looked like Beaker's hair as they intended)

Fozzie - Chicken salad wrapped in cresants (Wocka Wocka because that's what he always says)


The smash cake and cupcakes I was able to do a couple of days before. However, I suggest putting the eyes on the cupcakes closer to the party because they bled a bit. The smash cake was Animal with green, blue, and purple on the inside.



In lieu of toys or other gift bags, I decided on Muppet Mix, which was basically trail mix that the party goers could make themselves. I had popcorn and other toppings. Attendants were encouraged to fill their bags for later. (I bought too much though and am still eating the leftover popcorn).


We had the party at our neighborhood's club house to hold more people and to have the playground right outside for the children to play! We had a fantastic time with friends and family! Hopefully, my success and follies will help any of you thinking about doing a Muppet party!


No comments:

Post a Comment