Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Vacation Planning

Have you ever gone on vacation (that requires several hours on driving) with a one-year-old? If so, I need your help! Planning is what I've been doing in all of my spare time because I am super nervous for travelling with a baby who already doesn't like the car.

We didn't do much for the rest of the week last week, but Saturday was a busy day. Some how, I managed to dress Adam exactly like Rusty (unintentionally). They sure were cute!





We went to the mall that morning because both Rusty and I needed bathing suits with the neighborhood pool opening up. I can't take Adam clothes shopping by myself because he doesn't want to sit still in a dressing room for long. Rusty trekked with me and was really patient with how long it took. I finally found two and a cover-up (at Macy's no less) and we had lunch.

As soon as we got home, Adam went down for a nap and... so did Rusty and I. We almost never nap, but Rusty wasn't feeling very well.

We woke up and had to start getting ready!! We attended Rusty's step-sister's wedding. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've seen. It was held at a farm in front of a farmhouse and the reception was next to a barn with the food inside the barn. It was a definite country wedding and so great. The DJ also impressed me because he chose great songs that were perfect for each part of the wedding - that doesn't happen that often. Adam stayed awake and mostly happen until we left (and then he was asleep as soon as we put him in his car seat).



I'm patting myself on the back a bit on how cute Adam looked at church on Sunday. it's been a while since we've been because of being out of town, homecomings, and graduations.


Adam is super into books right now (which makes me and Rusty super excited). He can't read obviously, but he will sit down with a book and pretend to read, pointing at everything on the page. It is precious. I'm hoping he keeps his love of books throughout his entire life.


Today, Adam and I had lunch with my mom and had some delicious PIE (free pies at O'Charley's on Wednesdays). We're back home now and just laying low as we prepare for Florida next week. I've got some shopping to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment