Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Big Shanty and Fondue

We finished out last week pretty low-key. I think we were still in the party aftermath where my cleaning was behind and we were still tired. So we spent the week at home.

I did get Adam some new pjs since he is quickly growing out of his old ones. I went with Rusty's favorite superhero. I don't know which of them had more fun with it.


Saturday morning, we got a call from Grammy and Grandpa about the Big Shanty Festival downtown. It's an annual craft and food festival. I had already mentioned going to it, but Rusty wasn't on board until his dad was going. We all met there and got to see our nieces and nephew too. We walked to all the booths - but didn't really see anything we wanted. We had lunch and I had the BEST Philly Cheesesteak that I've ever had. That says a lot since I've had lots of Phillys in my day. Sad news - I didn't write down where it was from. We also stopped by a fudge booth and picked up a couple of gourmet fudges. Right before we left, we stopped by a chainsaw carver's demonstration. That was really cool, but we didn't stay for the whole thing because the noise scared Adam. It was fun, although I don't feel like it was any different than other festivals. I think it needs something else to make it more unique.


That night Memaw came over to babysit Adam so Rusty and I could go out with the Sullivan's. We planned and looked forward to this for weeks. For Keith, we celebrated his new job. For Meghan, we celebrated the end of tax season (she's an accountant). For us, we just wanted to go to The Melting Pot! If you've never been or haven't heard of it, The Melting Pot is a fondue based restaurant and it is DELICIOUS! We did a four course meal: cheese fondue, salad, meat (you cook it yourself in oil), and chocolate fondue. It's not something just Rusty and I could do because it takes about 2 - 2 1/2 hours and we would probably run out of things to talk about (not that I don't like talking with my husband, but being together as much as we are, it just doesn't make sense). Plus, we hadn't seen the Sullivan's in a while, we the conversation was never lacking. It's a bit pricey, but I definitely want to go again!


Sunday, Adam was a little grumpy by time we picked him up from the nursery after church. I just thought it was because he didn't nap well the day before, but after we got home and had lunch, all he wanted to do was lay with me or Rusty. This is very odd for our wiggly baby and he ended up having a fever of 101.6F. I wasn't going to worry until it got to 102, but it was still very sad.


We have no idea what caused the fever, but by time he went to sleep, it was already down two degrees. He had no other symptoms... my guesses are either it was a reaction to his vaccines from that Monday's appointment or teething. I have no idea though and the next morning, it was gone.

Monday was grocery shopping and cleaning... not much else.

Tuesday, we went to visit Nana. The main point was actually to meet with her pastor. I am consulting with their church about their website and online presence. Both are lacking. I'm very excited to help them with this because it's something I feel like I do well and with it being my home church, I have a desire to help them succeed.

Poor guy skipped another nap in the process so once we got in the car to go home, he was out.


One of Adam's favorite things is to dance - as you've seen, but recently, he's begun to clap whenever a song ends. He just seems so proud of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment