Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Rusty is 28!

This weekend was CRAZY!

The end of last week was pretty much spent baking and frosting. Poor Adam had to play inside so I could get everything done. We did take a break Friday though to attend a cookout. I went to Hiram to pick up my mom and my dad met her at our house, so they only had to take one car home since my mom can't drive at night. They babysat Adam for us, so we can go to the cookout and stay out later than we would be able to with him. Of course, they soaked it all in and played and loved on him until he had to go to bed. Rusty and I in turn were able to catch up with a lot of friends we don't get to see too often.


Saturday, Rusty helped some friends move and dropped me off at my parents' house so we could get to Peachtree City. In Peachtree City, we were having Katie's 30th birthday party! It was just our family and her boyfriend's family with a couple of others. We ate, talked, and threw the frisbee around. It was good times and Adam stayed up way too late especially since he didn't nap all day. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because I used Katie's camera the whole time and she hasn't shared any yet.

Sunday, we had lunch with Rusty's dad and sister since she was in town. Adam was still super tired from the previous day, so he was kind of grumpy. I left him and Rusty at his dad's house so I could deliver a cake. It's not my favorite cake I've done, but the client seemed to love it and that's all I can ask for.


Adam ended up falling asleep in Rusty's lap while I was gone.


Monday was Rusty's birthday! He ended up being sick - which means he was sick on my birthday and his own. Hopefully he'll be well on Adam's birthday. I made mini-cupcakes for the celebration.


That night Adam put on a show for us for over three minutes of just dancing. It was so hilariously cute! He was pulling out all his moves.


Yesterday, Adam and I visited my old coworkers and Uncle James. They loved Adam (and the cupcakes I brought them). We spent a couple of hours walking through the rows of cubicles to catch up with everyone. Almost everyone reminded me that they were hiring if I wanted - and they wouldn't even interview me, ha ha. No thank you.


Last night, Adam developed a fever and a cough, just like Rusty. It was lower by lunchtime today, but we still decided to stay home for rest and lots of liquids. If he is back to normal by tomorrow, we may go out to find an Easter outfit.

I'm super excited about my newest project. I'm consulting with my parents' church about their website and social media presence. I'm gathering information and making a website mock-up right now and will hopefully be meeting with the pastor soon. The church's previous pastor retired at the end of the year so with a new pastor and lots of changes, I suggested that they change this too. I've consulted with my own church, but we actually have someone who handles it really well. The person who created this one's website didn't really know what he was doing or was confined by the decision maker. I really feel like I could help churches and non-profits with their online marketing, so fingers crossed that this first real endeavor works out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment