Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cakes Galore!

Lots of birthdays this week, Adam's great-Grandmother (Rusty's Grandmother), Rusty's cousin, Bob, and my eldest sister, Katie! Happy birthday to all of them!


I sent out Adam's birthday invitations and ordered his 1st birthday shirt! I'll post all of his birthday party stuff in a different post once it happens next month - but here's a sneak peak.


Rusty went out of town over the weekend to Nashville for a bachelor weekend party, so it was just Adam and I all weekend. I missed Rusty a lot and I think I sometimes take advantage of when he gets home and plays with Adam so I can breathe and have some time alont. Anyways, I didn't want to stay home alone all weekend, so Saturday we went to visit Memaw in the morning and my parents (Nana and Papa) for lunch. Adam had lots of fun and is at the point where he recognizes all of his grandparents and is fine playing and being held by any of them (and that of course makes them happy).


We went by Arby's for dinner and grabbed some ice cream to bring home from Bruster's (don't judge - the husband was away). When we got home that night, I found out my March ipsy Glam Bag came in and I LOVE the Butter Lipstick. I haven't used the other stuff yet, but can't wait!


After I put Adam to bed on Saturday, I decided I wanted to craft. I didn't have a spring wreath and had bought some materials a week or so before, so that's what I decided to do. Check out how I did it one this post. Here's the final product:


The last couple of days has felt AMAZING! We've been able to eat dinner in the backyard, go to the park, and just get some vitamin D. Adam was able to wear shorts for the first time and his sunglasses.


Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day! Adam had is green on and it really brought out the red highlights in his hair.


I brush Adam's 2 1/2 teeth every day. It takes a couple of seconds, but I normally brush his gums too so that it becomes a good habit for him. Yesterday, he decided he'd take over and do it himself. Aunt Jasmin is a dental hygienist, so I made sure to send her the video.


So why am I calling this post "Cakes Galore!? Well, this weekend is my sister's 30th birthday party, so of course, I've been enlisted to make her cake. I'm super excited about the party and the cake. However, I was also hired for a cake for Sunday for a surprise party. When I was initially hired, it was a 35 person party - which I can make a cake for with my eyes closed. Monday, I called to confirm the details and it had become a 100 person party! So, today, I had to begin this three tiered cake if I want it and Katie's cake done for the weekend. It's going to be stressful, but I'm very excited for how they will turn out!


No comments:

Post a Comment