Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Week Of Firsts

It's been a little chillier this week (though not really cold enough to call this winter) down here in the south. That hasn't stopped us from staying inside too much though.

Adam has decided he is going to be a standing machine. He just got the hang of crawling on his knees, but now he would rather stand than sit any day. He's pulling up and only needs one finger for stabilization. He's even tried to stand without holding on to anything. We've also seen him go from barely standing to walking back and forth while hold onto the couch. Everyday he gets quicker and I wouldn't be surprised if I look over in the near future and he's walking without assistance!


Friday night we went and celebrated our good friend Ben's 30th birthday as well as his new job. We ate delicious homemade pizza and I made tuxedo cupcakes to share with the bunch. After dinner, before they went to bed, the Williams' two sons put on a puppet show. Then we played Bang! before we left. During the game, we let Adam sit with the puppets and he was so happy with them.

Saturday afternoon, my mom, my sister, Adam, and I drove two hours north to go to my cousin's baby shower. Adam had never met hat side of the family so he came along. Apart from the long drive, we had a great time catching up. My cousin is due in March with her first little girl and the second great-grandbaby in my family. I got to talk to her brother, my other cousin for just a sec, but he will actually be leaving for Germany for three years later this month for training on an engineering job. It sounds like a really awesome opportunity for him and he will have a guaranteed job for five years when he's done. Here's a pic of Adam being too cool on the way there and another of my mom, sister, and myself.


Quick shout out to my little brother, whose birthday was on Sunday!!

Also on Sunday, I went to get Adam from his nap and found him like this -


Last night, Rusty and Adam spent special one-on-one time playing and I couldn't help but stop what I was doing to snap some pictures. They are definitely two of a kind.


This morning we tried out BabyTime at our local library. I was looking for activities with Adam where he could socialize and found out that every week they have thirty minutes of singing, rhymes, and bubbles for babies. They also have some for toddlers, preschoolers, and children after school - so if you're looking for this kind of thing, I definitely recommend looking into your public library system. Adam had a great time. It lasted about twenty minutes and then we spent about ten minutes just letting the babies talk and play. We both absolutely loved it!


Tonight, Adam had the same meal Rusty and I did for the first time! I made cheese-filled tortellini with a tomato and vegetable sauce. I chopped the tortellini pretty fine, but he had no issue at all eating it, although it did take a little longer than normal. Before now, he's had baby food and the stage we're at is pretty chunky, so if we eat something of the same consistency, I don't see why not! He's growing up too quickly - please stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment