Thursday, January 29, 2015

Weight Loss Tracker Craft

I found a craft through Pinterest to help keep track to meeting your weight loss goal and I thought it was super cute. The cool thing is that you don't necessarily have to use pounds like I did. If your goal is inches, body fat %, or any other quantifiable goal.

What you will need:

Used candle jar
Oil-based Sharpie
Marbles
Printer

The Process:

I started with a candle. My favorite from this fall/winter has been Fresh Apple Butter (but that's irrelevant). Take off the label (The Better Homes ones peel right off with no residue. Once you're done with the candle and it is cooled, put it in your freezer for a couple of hours. I believe it was weeks before I decided what I wanted to do with the container, so it was way cooled down.


Once it's frozen, tip the jar over and the leftover wax/wick will slid right out. Because my jar's top was smaller than the bottom, I had to poke the frozen wax with a knife to break it in two piece.

I then just used glass cleaner to get the soot and any wax residue out to make them perfectly clean. I used the two smaller ones for this project (but will be looking for another one for the larger one.


From Hobby Lobby, I bought oil-based Sharpies. The regular Sharpies can be washed off and I wanted it to be permanently fixed onto the glass. I also bought clear marbles, but you could use anything for the inside. I found a font I liked on Microsoft Word and printed out the words in a gray ink (so that I didn't use much of our ink since it won't be used for long).


I then taped the printed words into the inside of the jar (that's why the jar needs to be clear). Sorry I don't have any pictures of this, but you literally just tape it on the inside. Then you trace over your printed paper with the Sharpie.


I used two jars - one is "Pounds To Go" and one is "Pounds Lost". I put the number of marbles of pounds I would like to lose in the "Pounds To Go" jar. I've put them in the bathroom on the counter next to the scale so that I can move the marbles each week when I weigh myself.

The Result:


No comments:

Post a Comment