Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Nine Months In, Nine Months Out

Well, our baby boy has been out in the world as long as he was in my belly, and I'm proud to say that he is thriving!

The poor little guy still has a stuffy nose, a cough, and isn't sleeping all that well. Here's how I found him Thursday after his nap. He is completely asleep, folded over in the seated position with his hands holding his feet. You've got to be exhausted if you can sleep like that!


Other than a bit of a cold, Adam has been doing great! The doctor says he's perfect (like I didn't know that). His developmental skills are fantastic! He's in the 30% for weight, 10% for height, and 33% for head circumference. We aren't having to stress so much about his weight now, which is great! He had to get a shot and two finger pricks - which he was absolutely NOT happy about, but got over it pretty quickly. I'm so glad Rusty and I were given such a beautiful, healthy, and happy little baby.



Jump back to this past weekend. Rusty attended a bachelor party for a college friend (we'll be going to the wedding this weekend). Adam and I attended a reception at my home church for Dr. James Burdette. Pastor Jim (as we called him) was my pastor from fifth grade until I graduated college - after which Rusty and I found a church that catered to young married couples more than my home church. He also married Rusty and I. Pastor Jim retired at the end of 2014, so the church hosted a reception for all the churches he preached at. It was fantastic getting to see him, his wife, and tons of other people that I've known for years and years. Hopefully, this wasn't my last time seeing him, but it is kind of like an end of an era with him being gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment