Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ten, Ten, Ten!!

Adam is ten months old today! How is my baby so old?!?

This past week has been busy! Thursday, I began making a cake I had never made before - Red velvet, cheesecake ice cream cake! Sounds like a lot and it took two whole days to make it. I began on Thursday by making the cheesecake ice cream. It needed to freeze for at least six hours, but I let it freeze overnight. Friday, I made the red velvet cake. Once it was completely - and I mean completely - cooled. I was able to stack and put back in the freezer to fuse the layers. Then I made the frosting and topped with sprinkles. Check out the complete steps and recipe here. Here is the completed cake:


Friday night, our friends the Sullivan's (along with their new miniature schnauzer) and my brother came over for dinner and for the boys to play SSBM. We stayed up way too late, but had tons of fun.

Saturday, Rusty and James (he ended up staying the night) went to Habitat for Humanity's Restore in the morning for Rusty to get some locks since he's been wanted to learn to pick locks. I stayed home so that the baby could get a good nap in since we'd be gone all afternoon. After lunch, we went to Memaw's house so she could groom Kirby, who was way overdue for a grooming. She did AMAZING work like always!


Saturday night we had dinner at Nana and Papa's house with all of my siblings to celebrate my brother's birthday (on the first) and my birthday (on the 19th). This was the reason for the cake. We had delicious ribs and of course, the cake.

Sunday, we had lunch over at Grandpa and Grammy's house with all of Grammy's children and grandchildren. The cousins are so great together and JoLynn loves to pet Adam's hair and sit next to him. I really wish I had gotten a picture of all of them together though... maybe next time.


Adam's been as goofy as ever. He's laugh is developing more, which is too cute. He's also been testing more boundaries - case in point, I told him not to play in the dog bowl; he looked right at me and sat down in it. He's perfected his crawl and can walk while holding onto things. He's even tried to stand a couple of times on his own. Of the dinners that are baby-friendly, I've let him eat a cut up version by himself and he's done amazing at self-feeding. I can't wait to see how he continues to grow - I just wish I could get it to slow down! In two short months, we'll have his party!! Here's a new one of Adam at the library during BabyTime today.


Oh, and I FINALLY put up one of the vinyls I got for Christmas. It is above the cabinets in the kitchen and I LOVE it. I think it fits perfectly and sets a good tone for the home. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, but I had to go pretty slow since all of the letters are separated. Thanks Wall Decor Plus More for this!


No comments:

Post a Comment