Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Happy Birthday To Me!

Last week, I was so excited for Thursday since it was my birthday - and it was crazy. I still didn't feel 100% since I threw up ALL DAY on Wednesday. Then, Rusty came home early on Thursday because he didn't feel well. He ended up throwing up and I told him that we should try to sell our Wicked tickets. He wouldn't hear of it. He was determined that we go.

So we did and it was AMAZING! I thought Rusty would throw up in the car ride to Atlanta, but he kept it together and said he felt much better once we got there and got seated - I'm not sure if he really did or if he was just saying that for my benefit. By the end of the show, we both felt way better. I have never been to a professional musical, but this was blew me out of the water. I was so impressed with everything from the actors to the set. Plus, we got to get dressed up and just enjoy a night with the two of us.


With that being said, Adam stayed with a babysitter for the first time. If you'll remember, I did an interview with her about a month ago at a coffee shop and I loved her! She had exactly the traits that I was looking for and is going to be a teacher after college. Adam took to her very quickly in the interview also. She did fantastic on my birthday. She was on time and did everything I asked for. Adam was safe, bathed, and in bed when we got home. She seemed enthusiastic and I will definitely use her again.

Adam has been incredibly mobile lately. I have a push toy for him to practice walking and we brought it into the open room (it will eventually be a library, but I don't have any chairs for it yet) and he walked back and forth for a good fifteen minutes. Along with being mobile, he's developing quite the attitude, so we've been having to put our foot down and keep true to the boundaries as he continues to test us.


Rusty and Adam have also been bonding a lot lately. When Rusty is home, he is the only one Adam wants to be with - no matter what he's doing. I fall in love with Rusty more and more when I see him loving on Adam.



The snow finally hit Georgia today. We got a couple of inches, which doesn't sound like much, but for a state that isn't prepared for it, it makes a big impact. Adam went down for his afternoon nap, and when he woke up, everything was blanketed in white. He love it. He couldn't stop staring at it falling. I brought in some snow for him to play with and he played and tasted it for a long time. The next county over got nothing, but we got a good bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment