Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Poor Sick Baby

This week has been a little trying for us all.

Friday night, Adam got pretty sick. He threw up everything he ate. I hoped that he would sleep it off and everything would be fine the next morning - but it didn't quite work out that way. It was so hard that I told Rusty that I wish we had ice cream in the house. Wouldn't you know it - he hopped in his car with no hesitation and picked up some ice cream. Saturday morning, I gave Adam only two ounces of Pedialyte hoping that would stay down... thirty minutes later, it did not. So I ended up calling the doctor and he recommended we come in just to make sure Adam wasn't dehydrated (which was our big fear). All he wanted to do was lay on Rusty and pout.

Turned out, he wasn't dehydrated and it was just a stomach bug, but we were told to only give 1/2 of an ounce of Pedialyte every ten minutes and slowly build up from there. Adam was very angry. Of course he didn't understand why he wasn't getting his fill. It wasn't until Monday that Adam was introduced back to solids. He still isn't eating all he was before, but is definitely in better spirits. Here's a hilarious video of him blowing raspberries.


Saturday, (as we were dealing with a sick baby) was Valentine's Day, as you know. We had plans to go to Atlanta and have lunch, while visiting some places. We went to the pediatrician instead. However, right before we left the house, ROSES were delivered! Every year, I think Rusty hasn't gotten me anything and every year, he does! He's pretty sneaky about it too because I do the finances and I never see it.


On Saturday, I also received my first ipsy Glam Bag! I was on the waiting list for two months and am super excited. Basically, you pay $10 per month for a bag of makeup worth $40 or more. Initially, you answer a pretty long survey about skin type, hair type, style, etc. and they put together a bag based on what you ask for. I don't wear tons of make up, but I found myself wanting to do something new and not knowing what to do. For only $10, I figured why not. I'll keep you posted on how the makeup turns out once I try it.


Monday, Rusty had the day off for President's Day, so we decided to have our Valentine's Day then. We went into Atlanta to visit the Habitat for Humanity Restore. It was pretty awesome and I will definitely want to visit there again (maybe with some projects in mind). After we went to Fox Bros. BBQ and it was probably some of the best BBQ I've every had

There's been some chance of black ice because of these winter storms, so my dad's company put him up in a hotel on Monday night and since it was close to us, he came over and spent some time with Adam and eat some dinner. Hopefully, he didn't get sick, but Adam enjoyed seeing him.


That night he hugged Rusty before bedtime for the first time and it was the cutest thing possible.


Today, it SNOWED! Well, it may have been more like flurries, but still, it was the first time Adam saw snow. He was so excited.


We couldn't go out and play because (1) I hate the cold and (2) I caught whatever Adam had. That's right, I got to throw up everything I put in my body and take care of the baby. I still feel pretty rough, but was able to get down some soup for dinner without an issue. Rusty (being the best husband ever) came home, saw I was sick, and left to pick up soup, Ginger Ale, and jello for me. I really need to feel fantastic by tomorrow because IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! Rusty is taking me to The Fox to see Wicked and Adam will be staying with his first ever babysitter. Must... get... better...

No comments:

Post a Comment