Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Rollercoaster Week

Late last week Rusty and I got a call that Rusty's cousin had took his own life. We had literally just seen him one week earlier, played games, ate food, laughed. It really came as a shock and it just makes me realize that you never know what's going on beneath the surface. It brought up a lot of thoughts and memories from the death of my own cousin a few years ago. His was a little different as he overdosed the morning after leaving rehab. It makes me start to question: why didn't we notice anything? what turmoil was he going through just a week ago when we saw him? was there anything we could've done? Unfortunately, there are answers we will never get and questions that will always be asked. My heart and prayers go out to his parents, sister and brother.

Friday, Rusty and I went to his company's Christmas party. Delicious food, karaoke, black jack... yes, please! Thanks to Grandpa and Grammy, we didn't have to worry about the baby at home! Glad that our long-time friends Keith and Meghan get to come now too!


Saturday, Rusty threw a party at our house (it was already planned before this unfortunate news) for his friends to play the new Smash Bros. game for the Wii U. Rusty and his friends are huge Smash Bros. fans . I believer there were 8 or 9 guys in all, including my brother. I decided to stay with my parents so that Rusty and the guys wouldn't have to stay quiet once Adam went to bed. Katie and Emma came to my parents' house too and we were able to just talk and hang out. However, that night, I guess from being in a different place with different sounds, Adam and I did not sleep well at all. I couldn't go to sleep and when I did, I kept being awaken by Adam crying. It meant running on less than four hours of sleep for the next day. I was able to finish our tree and my tree skirt before Rusty's party.

We attended the funeral on Sunday. It was a beautiful service, but so incredibly somber in laying to rest someone so young. My parents sat in the back with me in case the baby got noisy and Rusty sat in the front with the family. He was a pallbearer along with the other male cousins and uncles. As we drove home and that evening with Julie (Rusty's sister) over, we were all physically and emotionally drained from the day. I can't explain the emptiness and constant questions filling my mind.

Today, Adam and I (Rusty was at work), my parents, and my siblings went to the wedding of a girl I've know for about 15 years. It was so beautiful, there was great food, and Adam enjoyed his first wedding. There was a surprisingly large amount of people given that it was a noon wedding on a Wednesday. I'm excited for the two of them as they entire this next chapter in their lives. Adam did great, but he was so exhausted by the end.






One last pic to leave you with. After almost eight months of never touching a paci, we now can't trust Kirby around them:


No comments:

Post a Comment