Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Baby's First Christmas Pt. 1

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! It has been a fantastic holiday season so far!

Saturday, we went to the Carter Family Christmas Party (Grammy's side) to begin our Christmas party schedule. It was potluck style and Rusty and I were stuffed by the end. Adam got to see a lot of people he met over the summer when we went to Jasper. They loved and doted on him... and bought him presents. I had the foresight to ask the grandparents to only give two presents each in the hopes of not ending Christmas with a mountain of toys that Adam will grow out of in a couple of months. Little did I know that every aunt, uncle, great-aunt, great-uncle, great-grandparent, cousin, second cousin, and on and on would want to buy him something. So at this party alone, we ended up with more items than I thought we would have.

Cute side note - Adam and Jade became friends. Jade is Grammy's granddaughter, making her Adam's cousin. She is about five months older. They were so funny - they would share their toys when all of the sudden, they would begin snatching their toys back and making each other cry. I'm very excited to see their relationship grow.


 Sunday, my siblings and I snuck into our parents' house when they were at church. We had been planning this for months, had been collecting frames that matched my mom's style, and gathering photos from the past and present. We spent two hours creating a gallery wall on their stairs. When they came home, my mom was so excited that all of her children were their for lunch - she didn't even notice the wall!! Once we pointed it out though, she thought it was fantastic.


Monday - Adam and I stayed at home and cleaned (since I left my debit card and license in Rusty's car -_-).

Tuesday, I went grocery shopping in the morning, my mom came over and we had lunch, then Rusty, Adam, and I went to Grammy and Grandpa's house for their Christmas. The theme was pasta. We had lasagna, spaghetti, and desserts. Adam got more toys, I got a beautiful engraved cutting board, and Rusty got a book. We were able to give the cousins their presents that they loved and Grandpa and Grammy got picture frames with pictures from our pumpkin shoot. We ended the night with Grandpa and Brad (Aunt Julie's boyfriend) playing the guitar and our music-loving baby couldn't have had it better.

Jade and Adam had the same cute interactions that they had on Saturday and there were more between he and JoLynn (who's three). She thought he was so cute, kept petting his hair, and pushed him around in the walker.


Tonight, we have the Cooper Family Christmas Party, then are hosting Christmas for Memaw's side on Thursday and ending the week with Nana and Papa's Christmas. I'll post Pt. 2 later in the week to encompass these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment