Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Gearing Up

This week was all about gearing up for Christmas. Because of the family situation with Rusty's side of the family, we offered our home to host Christmas for his mom's side of the family this year. I love hosting parties, so on the one hand I'm super excited. On the other hand, our new house isn't ready for that many guests!!! This has sent me into overdrive in cleaning and prepping for twelve people.

Saturday, I was hired to make a cake for forty people and a smash cake for a one year old (I make cakes on the side for fun - www.topnotchbutterscotch.com). The cakes were for a coworker of my sister and she loved the cake, plus she said her daughter dove right into the cake. As I delivered the cake, Adam had a "Daddy Day" where he spent the afternoon with Rusty. That enabled me to relax a bit and not have to rush to deliver and get back home before snack time. I was also able to go to the local kid's consignment shop for their sidewalk sale (all winter clothes 50% off!!) and got the cutest outfits for Adam and a perfect one for Christmas morning.


Sunday, we went to church and that night we had an adults-only dinner party with some friends. One couple Rusty's known since high school, another we've known for about three years and the third we just met that night. We had a great time. We are super lucky that Rusty's mom lives literally right down the road from the dinner party hosts' house, so she eagerly volunteered to watch Adam for a few hours. He had lots of fun with her and she of course bought him a new outfit.


On the baby front - Adam turned 8 months on Thursday! It is crazy how much he has matured in just one week. He is now mobile and says "dada" and melts hearts by smiling at everyone he meets.

However, we have had some issues. Just this week, he's had quite a bit of issues falling asleep and staying asleep for nap time. For example, today, he only got about 1 1/2 hours of nap time between two naps, when normally he gets 3-4 hours worth of naps. He also has had trouble finishing his bottle. Not sure why since I haven't upped his food or formula intake. BUT he has been as giggly, excited and happy as always, so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned.




Oh, and he also tried a bell pepper for the first time and loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment