Saturday, December 27, 2014

Baby's First Christmas Pt. 2

Christmas Eve night, we were to my Aunt's house for my dad's side of the family party. The theme was Mexican food and it was delicious! I made churros poppers and everyone said they turned out great! My cousin, Sarah, was home. She has been in Mozambique for the last two years with the Peace Corps. She brought me a beautiful necklace and Adam a stuffed giraffe. Adam also got lots of toys, clothes, and books! We had a fantastic time just sitting around and talking (Rusty and the boys also played pool).


Christmas day was amazing. I woke up early to put the chili in the crock pot and was able to shower before Rusty or Adam got up. We then had Christmas morning to ourselves where Adam opened his gifts from us (books, a keyboard and paci's) and Kirby got his presents (a bone and some treats). Rusty and I decided not to exchange presents this year since he just bought and built his own computer, I got a new living room set, and we both got a house.


About noon Rusty's family began arriving. I made three different kinds of chili in my three-burner crock pot (white chicken chili, beef chili, and spicy beef chili). Surprisingly, the white chicken chili was a smash hit! Everyone wants the recipe, so I'll be giving that out to them soon. I was nervous that I wasn't making enough overall, but it turned out great! Everyone else brought toppings and desserts, so they were happy that they didn't really have to cook much. It was a great time and I think Rusty enjoyed showing off the house.


The baby was in better spirits too, which I think is because he was able to stay on his regular schedule and nap in his own crib. He got an incredible amount of toys. Although Memaw stuck to the two toy limit, his great-Grandmother didn't. However, being a great-grandmother, she isn't really bound by rules. She got him a really good quality Radio Flyer wagon and filled it with some toys. He also got some adorable clothes from his great-Aunt Sandra. Rusty and I also received some shirts, video game stuff (for him) and baking stuff (for me) from Memaw. We also got some electronics and cash from great-Grandmother. We were beyond blessed during this time and everyone was full and happy by time they left.


The day after Christmas we were off to Nana and Papa's house! We arrived around lunch to some delicious roast and rice, opened presents, and had finger foods in the evening. Again with all the toys... Adam was absolutely spoiled rotten this year. We had a fantastic time - I don't know what I would do without my family.


Here's Adam's loot from all six parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment