Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Taste of Carrollton and Fall Weather

Thursday, Julie, Adam, and I decided to take a day trip out to Carrollton. We left right after breakfast to get there right at lunch. We met my sister, Katie, (who works in Carrollton) at my favorite restaurant out there - The Corner Cafe. Katie had to go back to work right after, but Julie and I walked around the Square and visited some bookstores.



We followed that by going to the University of West Georgia to tour the campus. I'm an alumni there and Julie had never been. I had heard that the campus had changed quite a bit from just five years ago when I graduated. It has expanded a lot and it looks really cool - with a new dining hall and nursing building. I was really impressed. Plus, it was a beautiful day and seeing all the greenery was always one of my favorite things about the campus.


Adam was pretty pooped after being in the car and then in the sun all day, so Katie let us relax at her house until the Taste of Carrollton started. Adam wouldn't take a nap like I wanted, so we just played quietly and Adam got to have some time close-up with Katie's cat.


Our final stop was the Taste of Carrollton! I've been to several "Taste of's" and this one has always been one of my favorites. This year was no different! I had pork and chicken salad, a bagel with strawberry cream cheese and chicken nugget, a pumpkin roll and red velvet cake. Adam and I were pretty full by the end - and it's a good thing we arrived right when it started, because when we spent our last tickets, it began to rain.


It's been getting chillier and chillier over the last couple of days along with the rain. Although the rain is preventing us from playing outside, it's allowed me to pull out Adam's fall wardrobe. He is so cute in his long sleeves and long pants and hoodies.




A couple of days ago, Rusty volunteered to watch Adam for a little while so I could get some cleaning done around the house. After I finished and was ready to give Adam a bath, I walk into Rusty's office to see him playing a video game and Adam sitting right next to him with an unplugged controller. It was so cute because Adam mimicked Rusty in whatever he does. I love it so much!


Yesterday was Julie's last day of freedom before she started work, so I told her we could go anywhere - and she chose 2nd and Charles. For all of you who know Adam know that he LOVES books. He was so excited and wanted them all. I finally got him to settle down to read some books, but he was still overjoyed. Afterward we stopped by the aquarium store and Hobby Town just for fun.


I also got this cute pic of Adam and Kirby looking out the window.


As of today, Julie has started her new job. From the texts I've received, she absolutely LOVES it! I'm glad she held out for this job, instead of jumping on the first one that offered her one. It sounds like a cool company with that start-up feel. Fingers crossed that it keeps getting better!

To celebrate with her, I made a special dessert and it was SOOO delicious (if I do say so myself). You can check out the Cinnamon Cheesecake filled Apples with Caramel Pecan drizzle recipe here. The title sounds more complicated then it actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment