Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Oreos and Puppy Kisses

Congratulations Julie! After a couple of months of applications, interviews, tests, etc., she got a couple of offers this week and accepted a position at a company in Buckhead! I'm so excited for her to start this new adventure. It's completely different from what she's done before, but I still think she'll be successful!

To celebrate this, Rusty and I took her out to her choice of restaurant. Her only requirement was beer - so we went to Taco Mac. Apparently, they give two Oreos with their kid's meal, so Adam had his first Oreo. He took it, pulled it open, ate the insides before eating the cookie. I took note of this because this is EXACTLY how I eat them, but he has never seen that because we don't keep them in the house.

On Friday, Rusty was out late, so Adam and I decided to do some gardening. I got some tulips and planted them in the flower beds in front of the house, so I hope they bloom! I don't have much of a green thumb, so we'll see. Adam thought it was great to dig in the dirt and hand me bulbs, only to cover them back up.


I feel like I'm constantly finding interesting and fun things to bring Adam to, which is fantastic! This week, I found out that the skate rink, Sparkles, has a Toddler Time once or twice a month. For only $7, you can bring your toddler, and a riding toy if you wish, to run and ride around the rink for hours. They open up the playground area too. After a couple of hours, they also do crafts and lunch if you wish, but because of other obligations, we didn't stay for those activities. He had a great time, even if he did try to steal another child's riding toy.



We went from Sparkles to the library to get library cards. I haven't had one since I was a child (other than the one for college) and was pretty excited. Since we go to the library almost every week, it only made since that we got one, plus I've already gotten three books!


We went to a baby shower this weekend for some of Rusty's college friends and literally a couple days before, I decided I wanted to make a baby patchwork blanket for them. I had already thought about it, but kept putting it off. I finally decided I definitely wanted to do it, so after Adam went down, I started cutting and sewing and I love how it turned out! I asked Tiffany (the mom-to-be) earlier what the colors and theme were so that I could match it. When they unwrapped the gift, she almost cried (which is actually my goal, ha ha).


Sunday, we dropped off Kirby before church to Memaw's house to be groomed. After church, we took her out to lunch as a thank you and picked Kirby up. He looks SO AMAZING! She always does a great job, but I really can't stress how fantastic her skills are.

The last couple of times Kirby got groomed, Adam was scared of him because he really doesn't look like the same dog. This time, however, he couldn't stop giving Kirby kisses and it was just so sweet!


One more thing, I don't know if I talked about doing the 8 week course to lose weight and tone up from Fitness Blender, but that concluded on Friday. I'm actually a little bummed because even though I do feel better and have more energy, I didn't lose any weight. Everyone keeps saying that the scale doesn't matter, but the problem with that mentality is that I am considered overweight, if not obese, so the scale does matter. If I was within a healthy range, I wouldn't care as much - but I'm not. I need weight gone. With that said, I decided that I can't quit because that won't help my situation at all, so Monday, I've begun another round and feel good about it. I definitely feel better about this go around, but I probably need to focus a lot more on my eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment