Saturday, September 12, 2015

Falling In Love: Wedding Shower Brunch

Today, my sisters and I threw a fall-themed, wedding shower brunch for my cousin and his fiancee.


At the entrance of the shower, we had a wreath, a pumpkin guestbook, and recipe cards for guests to write their advice for a successful wedding.



At the fireplace, which was the focal point of the room, I made a large sign with the theme, Emma made another wreath, and we also had a simple cardbox.



In the center of the room, there were couches, chairs, and a coffee table. We placed fresh sunflowers (the bride-to-be's favorite flower) on the table as well as coffee bean candles to set the mood of a brunch through scent.




In one of the corners, that was kind of out of the way, I set up Adam's picnic table with some wedding-themed coloring pages and crayons. I knew there would be a couple of little ones and I didn't want them to be too bored.



 Now with everyone's favorite part of a shower - the food!


In keeping with the brunch theme, we offered the following feast:

We started with a biscuit bar, including biscuits, sausages, gravy, homemade jam, homemade apple butter, local honey (from my sister's bees),





We also had sausage balls, fresh fruit, three different breakfast casseroles, and coffee bread.


For dessert, we couldn't very well do something out of the theme, so I made Pancake Bacon cupcakes with a Maple Butter Bacon frosting. I also threw together some candy acorns out of Nutty Butty's and Hershey Kisses.



To drink, I made Apple Cider Punch, which ended up being fantastic. We also provided orange juice, regular and decaf coffee (with different flavor creams), and a Keurig on hand for other options.


Finally, for favors, we offered strawberry jam in 4 oz mason jars.



 Overall, it was a fantastic morning and the great thing about a morning shower is that by the afternoon, you're all done! Here's a final picture of me and my sisters along with the bride and groom to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment