Saturday, November 29, 2014

Give Thanks Part 2

Because of everything going on, I'm posting a bit off schedule because I just can't wait any longer to share!

Thursday was Thanksgiving and we had such a great (albeit long) day! At lunchtime, we went to Rusty's Aunt Sandra's house. I made cream cheese cookies (another Cooper family recipe) and they were a hit. Adam got to see his great-grandmother. He was a bit fussy most the day, again I believe just because there were a lot of people passing him around and talking to him. Most precious part of the day, Adam was on his last limb and he was handing to his great-grandmother who started rocking and humming to him. He fell right to sleep and continued to sleep for about 45 minutes (even with everyone taking pictures of this precious moment). She was so pleased too! We also took pictures on the stairs of the whole family - we were missing one cousin (Bob), but everyone else was there.



That night we went to Rusty's dad's house for some low-key family time. I made a cheese plate (you probably don't know how much my husband LOVES cheese plates - but trust me, no one loves them more) and everyone just snacked. It was a great time and Grandpa (Rusty's dad) got out his guitar and played a bit for our music loving baby.


Friday, Rusty, his sister, Aunt Julie, and I went to the movies to see Mockingjay Pt. 1 (I love this book series). We waited until after lunch so we were stuck in Black Friday traffic. It was a great movie, although I didn't like a couple of minor details, but that's just me being nit-picky. My parents watched Adam during this time, which they had no complaints.

That night we get home and wouldn't you believe it, Adam was holding his own bottle during his dinner! We've been practicing for a while, but this is the first time he succeeded! Yay for milestones!


Today (Saturday) has been thankfully low-key. We've been just relaxing and spending time between just our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment