Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Give Thanks Part 1

So last Thursday we got Rusty's trumpet back from the cleaners. Rusty hasn't played his trumpet since high school - that's almost ten years ago! We visited Rusty's mom and he saw the trumpet and decided to take it home, after some much needed cleaning. Adam was very nervous the first time Rusty played it, but now he can't stop staring at Rusty whenever he plays.


Friday, Adam and I visited my sister, Aunt Emma, Uncle John and their dog, Dex at her house. Her friend Melanie decided to bring over a little boy she babysits for a play date. They were very skeptical of each other - but it made me realize how small Adam actually is. If you look at the picture below, you'll see, these babies are only a month apart!


Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, Rusty went to Athens, so Adam and I were on our own. Every year Rusty goes with a group of college buddies to a UGA game and just to get together and catch up. He had a great time. While he was there, my Uncle Jimmy and his girlfriend came up from Florida to visit family and met up with us and the rest of my family (except Katie) at our favorite BBQ place. Adam got to meet a new family member and we all got to enjoy delicious BBQ.


I love, LOVE Thanksgiving! I love food and I love family. It has been even better this year because Adam joined the crew. On my side of the family, we always celebrate Thanksgiving the Sunday before. We went to my Aunt's house and Adam got to meet two of my cousins and two great-uncles that he had never met before. Adam was a little fussy throughout the day because of all the new people, but I believe he got to be held by everyone so their days were made. We ate good food, played board games and just caught up.

Tomorrow we will go and celebrate with Rusty's side of the family. That means more food, more family and more love! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment