Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Giant Leaves and Groomed Dogs

Last Thursday, Adam and I went on a walk and took a deep look at the nature around us. In the process, we collected some GIANT leaves and played with them for the rest of the day.


Also, I want to show you how patient our dog is... I mean really. Adam lays on him, hugs him, chases him. He takes it all in.


Weeks ago I bought Adam a Power Rangers shirt (because I loved them as a kid, but also because it was on sale) and when Rusty got home and saw it, he decided he needed to show it to Adam. We only watched the intro, but Adam loved the music!


I made a cake that was picked up on Friday for a one year old and three year old's joint birthday party. They are the children of someone who I met when I was in 2nd grade and knew my whole childhood because she lived a couple of houses down. We had a chance to reminisce about old times and how crazy it is that we have kids. Also, I got to do my first Jake and the Never Land Pirates cake!



Saturday, we took Kirby to the salon aka Rusty's mom's house to be groomed (look at her recently launched FB page here). He should've gone a month ago, but it just didn't happen. He's a completely different dog, who is probably feeling great now that he doesn't have a winter coat on!


However, with some freshly clipped nails, Kirby jumped on Adam while they were playing Monday and cut Adam's face. Adam didn't seem to mind, but it looks really rough.


We tried a new restaurant that was pretty good this weekend. What I thought was really clever was that the kid's menu was taped onto a book - so not only could you see the menu, but you could pass the wait time by reading to your child!


Yesterday, we went to my parents' church because they are having VBS this week and my mom runs it each year. Adam loved the songs and seeing all the kids.


Today was a quiet, stay-at-home day. It was nice and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment