Wednesday, May 14, 2014

First Mother's Day

Mother's Day has been happening for forever. I've celebrated it for my mom and my grandmother, would say it to passing women and to the women at our church since I was very little. As you know, this year was the first year the day was celebrated for me! My husband is a sneaky guy - the night before he took the dog for a walk like he's done every night since I gave birth. It seemed like he was taking forever, but I just thought that the dog had gotten distracted or he was taking a long time to use the restroom. Fast-forward to Sunday morning, there were Calla lilies (my favorite flower) and a card. Rusty had gone out with the dog in tow to pick these things up at a grocery store down the road. Just a small gesture like this put this postpartum, hormonal woman in tears. My husband has such a trooper during this whole new chapter in our lives - he's just been amazing.


Adam also had his one month check-up this week. He got his first set of shots - which he did surprisingly well through. The pediatrician does have some concerns about his weight. He's just growing very, very slowly. Hopefully we can get his weight up by getting him more interested in food. Unfortunately, he is a "lazy baby" who doesn't like to work for his food.

No comments:

Post a Comment