Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Georgia Humidity and Heat (Amirite?)

Last Thursday, Adam and I decided to try something new. Since the heat and humidity have been out of control down here in the south, we went to the mall and played in the kid's area. I know that some of these can be... gross, but this one was extremely clean (I inspected). Adam loved it and talked with several other children. We'll probably go again on days that are too hot or too cold for the outside.


Over the weekend, my brother came over to stay for a couple of day so he and Rusty could watch a Smash Brothers Tournament. I was able to get a couple of cute pictures - one with Adam and Rusty and one with Adam and James. No matter what's going on, they always seem to have time for Adam.



I'm helping my good friend, Meghan, plan the annual party for our church volunteers. It's not much, but it's just a thank you party for everyone's help throughout the year. I would've helped her last year, but she was concerned that I would have too much on my plate with the baby. I offered my services for this year though and I'm really excited for the carnival theme she came up with.

Sunday, we stayed home because Rusty and James didn't want to miss the finals of the tournament. Because it was hot, yet again, I blew up Adam's little pool so he could play outside without getting too hot. However, right after I blew it up, Adam decided to make it his own reading nook and had so much fun with it, I didn't even have to bring it outside.


So far this week has been pretty typical - grocery shopping on Monday, Michaels and Home Depot on Tuesday, Toddler Time on Wednesday (Adam still thinks he's in charge of the class).

Tonight, Rusty's sister, Julie, came over for dinner and hanging out. We were able to finish putting up the shelf in the closet for the room she'll be moving into in a couple of weeks. It's kept me in a super home improvement kind of mood, so I think tomorrow I'll finish putting the shelf up in my bathroom and work on my quilt (more info later on that)! Have a happy 4th this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment