Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Moving Day

Any one of you tried to hire a mover? Was it insanely expensive?

Rusty and I thought we would just hire movers after we packed everything. We were thinking a couple hundred dollars up to maybe seven hundred... yes, it's pricey, but thought it would  be worth it. A week before "moving day" I started calling movers for quotes. Every single one of them were over fifteen hundred - that's one thousand, five hundred dollars. That's crazy. So within a week we went from a plan to no plan. Not good for this controlling personality. Luckily, we have amazing family and friends! Rusty called five of his friends and they all agreed to help. We also called my dad, my brother and his dad and they agreed too! My mom and sisters came to "help" too, but they spent the entire time with the baby. We rented a U-haul for $150 and gave the helpers pizza and dessert for their time. We were able to do one big trip and finished within four hours - including travel time. Again, we are so incredibly grateful for those who offered to help.

That night we went to Copeland's to celebrate the move and my brother's new job (at YP - my former employer). I had crab ravioli and it was so delicious.

Here's Adam in the new kitchen in his Bumbo.


Adam has decided he's going to start talking... now he's even more like Rusty!

No comments:

Post a Comment